Agent Banking Services
Agents will provide the following services to the public:
- Collection of small value cash deposit and cash withdrawal, facilitating utility bills payment
- Inward foreign remittance distribution, inland remittance, facilitating fund transfer
- Facilitating small value loan disbursement and recovery of loans & instalments, post sanction monitoring of loans and follow up
- Cash payment under different programs of the government like social safety net, elderly allowances, freedom fighters allowances, student’s scholarship, Gov’t portion of teachers’ salary, other pensions, Ekti Bari Ekti Khamar (EBEK) etc.
- Balance inquiry, generation and issuance of mini bank statements (last 3 transactions, however bank may change the number from time to time)
- Collection and processing of documents in relation to account opening, loan application, credit and debit card application from public
- Other functions like payment of insurance premium, sale of crop etc.
- Any other suitable products/ services compatible to combat the informal banking/ Hundi.
MDB will determine the transaction amount Agents will handle in a single transaction/ day/ month/ year/ client in different category services mentioned above. Transaction amount will be determined depending on business, area, agent category, nature of transaction/ services/ products, customers’ requirement, type of customer I.e, account holder or non-account holder, security issue, local authority guidance, regulatory requirement etc. Bank will also review and change this amount from time to time.