- MDB Profile
- Vision and Mission
- Logo and Corporate Values
- Green Banking
- Message from Chairman
- Message from MD & CEO
- Board of Directors
- Sponsor Shareholders
- Senior Executives
- Management Committee
- Correspondents Bank Corner
Midland Bank Limited Profile
- The Company was incorporated on March 20, 2013 under the Companies Act 1994 as a public company limited by shares for carrying out all types of banking activities with Paid-up Capital of Tk. 400,00,00,000 divided into 40,00,00,000 ordinary shares of Tk.10 each.
- The Company was also issued Certificate for Commencement of Business on the same day and was granted license on April 9th, 2013 by Bangladesh Bank under the Banking Companies Act 1991 and started its banking operation on June 20, 2013 at the Dilkusha Corporate Branch. The Principal Branch at Banani started its operations on July 5th, 2013. BACH, BEFTN and SWIFT operations started as envisaged.
- All types of commercial banking activities including Money Market operations.
- Investment in Company activities.
- Financiers, Promoters, Capitalists etc.
- Financial Intermediary Services.
- Any related Financial Services.
- The Company (Bank) operates through its Head Office at Gulshan, Dhaka City and 20 branches. The Company (Bank) carries out international business through a Global Network of Foreign Correspondent Banks.
Registered Name of the Company- Midland Bank Limited (MDB)
Bangladesh Bank Permission No- BRPD (P-3)745(67)/2013-1665 on April 9, 2013
Company Registration No- c-108070/13 on March 20, 2013
SWIFT Code- MDBL BD DH
Corporate Websitewww.midlandbankbd.net Fax: (+88) 02 8837 735
We seek to be the first choice of our customers as a distinct financial service provider, trusted, respected and valued by all stakeholders within the region and beyond pursuing an endless voyage towards excellence in every respect.
VISIONWe always strive-
- To continuously provide quality banking service with enhanced customer focus and innovate a wide variety of need based products with widely popular solutions.
- To achieve supremacy in customer service through state-of-the-art delivery channels and user-friendly tools and technology.
- To sharpen leadership with the standard of a learning organization well supported by the finest team of banking experts and professionals.
- To maintain a healthy and diversified financial profile for inclusive economic growth.
- To be a responsible social enterprise by effectively blending commercial pursuits with social banking.
- To be the benchmark for the regulators in terms of compliance, corporate governance and ethics.
- To build long-term shareholder value with consistent growth momentum.
The ‘Logo’ and Its Meaning
Our logo, first symbolizes the letter ‘M’ in an angular perspective, wherein the letter itself increases in size from left to right indicating our desire to expand as time passes. Second, the shadowy part of the letter ‘M’ reveals the nature of the letter representing concrete pillars, which demonstrate our strong integrity and resistance toward risk exposure and undesired mayhem. As if, standing tall and firmly against all odds, in the tests of unstoppable time and eventually conquering all.
- We are a listening and caring partner.
- We continuously improve our efficiency to serve customer better.
- We focus on solutions and deliver on our promises.
- We strive to exceed expectations.
- We take delight in delivering high standards in all areas of operations.
- We do not compromise with our service standard.
- We value teamwork and work together to succeed.
- We support each other in our journey to excellence.
- We draw strength from our diversity and synergy.
- Integrity and ethics is the hallmark of our banking relationship.
- We prefer truth, justice and fair-play above all means.
- We do business on a win-win proposition.
- We are Tax compliant.
- We are committed to corporate governance and internal control and compliance.
- We are respectful to the laws and values of the land.
- We treat our customers and colleagues with respect.
- We inspire each individual so that we can make a difference.
- We recognize achievement and ensure rewards and fair returns for all.
- We believe in real and sustainable benefit.
- We are going green to protect our planet and our environment.
- We keep building a family with our employees, shareholders, customers and community.
Green Banking is a component of the global initiative by a group of stakeholders to save the environment. Global warming is an issue that needs to be addressed and due to this phenomenon, the state of the environment in Bangladesh is deteriorating. Because of a Bank’s position in the economic system, implementing Green Finance as part of Green Banking can make significant contributions to the transition to resource efficient and low carbon industries. In response to our environmental degradation, MDB shall play an important role by establishing Green Banking and be a front runner as an environmentally responsible bank.
As per guidelines of Bangladesh Bank, in the first phase, MDB will develop Green Banking policies, incorporate Environmental Risks in CRM, initiate in-house Environment Management, introduce Green Finance and Green Marketing, create Climate Risk Fund, utilize online banking, establish consumer awareness, train employees, hold ‘Green Events’ and disclose & report Green Banking activities. In the second phase, it will formulate sector specific environmental policies, develop Green Strategic Planning, set up Green Branches, improve on in-house Environment Management, formulate bank specific ERM, introduce programs to educate clients and publish Green Banking reports. In the third phase, MDB will design and introduce innovative products, publish externally audited Green Banking reports, report to Bangladesh Bank on a quarterly basis and publish annual reports on the bank’s website.Updates on MDBs progress on Green Banking will be posted on this website periodically.
Message from ChairmanAssalamu Alaikum, I would like to extend a very warm welcome to everyone and start by quoting the Holy Quran:
“Whoever works righteousness, man or woman, and has faith, verily, to them will We give a new Life, a life that is good and pure, and We will bestow on such their reward according to the best of their actions.” (The Holy Qur’an, 16:97)
By the Grace of almighty Allah, Midland Bank Limited, a fourth generation bank in Bangladesh started its journey on the 9th of April, 2013. Midland Bank is committed to its core vision & missions and plans to be a frontrunner financial institution by providing righteous, honest, fair and ethical business solutions. I believe that prosperity of a bank lies in the prosperity of its customers and stakeholders. Midland Bank Limited places paramount importance to its customers and deeply committed to provide excellent, innovative and speedy solutions to all customer segments. I have strong belief in our team’s abilities. The bank management at MDB was hand-picked to ensure highest standard of ethics, transparency, fairness, and excellence at all levels. The team will take special care to continuously improve financial soundness, professionalism, corporate integrity and create opportunities for our customers. I am confident our team of experienced and dedicated professional bankers will try their best to achieve what we envisioned.
MDB conducts its business in line with principles of good corporate governance, which forms the basis for sustainable growth. The MDB team is working hard to build a robust financial platform that will offer clients an unmatched convenience and expertise, high quality of service and variety of financial products and services. In addition, MDB maintains sufficient capital, maintains Basel II compliance and all other regulatory requirements as necessary. Our team continually seeks excellence – as an organization, of themselves and communities they serve. Midland Bank Limited is looking forward to becoming a model bank in the banking industry in the near future.
MDB pays extreme attention to performing Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) as well. We are a believer in "Allah will deprive usury of all blessing, but will give increase for deeds of charity" (Quran 2: 276) and our CSR goes well beyond charity.I am confident that with our focus, we will achieve sustainable growth and desired success in the years ahead.
I would like to convey my earnest thanks to our dynamic and generous Board of Directors, shareholders, patrons, business partners and customers. To the auditors, regulatory bodies, Bangladesh Bank, Bangladesh Securities and Exchange Commission, Stock Exchanges and Register of Joint Stock Companies for providing guidelines, rules and regulations for the banks from which we have found proper direction – I sincerely pay my gratitude.
- Thank you
Message from MD & CEO
Midland Bank Limited embarked on its journey as a new generation bank, with a view to contribute in all segments of the economy of our country, so that sustainable growth can be achieved. We, from the very outset, are determined to render un-parallel financial services to our clients, to build a relation that would exist from generation to generation. Our relentless endeavor shall be to adopt state of the art technology, ensuring smooth, fast and hassle free banking services. Midland Bank Limited considers its manpower as its most precious asset and strives to enhance its capability to cater to the changing needs of business. We are keen to maintain a ‘Compliant Culture’ in every aspect of banking, not only in respect of regulatory authorities but also shareholders, stakeholders, patrons and well-wishers. As a corporate entity, we believe in only one motto i.e. to provide best services and create value for our clients. We want to be the best home grown bank with international standards.
- Thank you.
- Md. Ahsan-uz Zaman
- Managing Director & CEO
Board of Directors
- Mrs. Nilufer ZafarullahChairman
- Master Abul KashemVice Chairman
- Mr. Dr. Kazi ShahidullahDirector
- Mr. Kazi Omar ZafarDirector
- Mr. Mohammed Jamal UllahDirector
- Al-Haj Mohammed Issa BadshaDirector
- Mr. Ahsan Khan ChowdhuryDirector
- Mr. Md. Wahid MiahDirector
- Mr. Rezaul KarimDirector
- Mr. A.K.M. Badiul AlamDirector
- Mr. Md. Kamal HossainDirector
- Mrs. Shahnaj ParveenDirector
- Mrs. Lutfa BegumDirector
- Md. Rokonuzzaman SarkerDirector
- Mr. Kamal uddin AhmedDirector
- Mr. Md. Ahsan-uz ZamanManaging Director & CEO
Md. Ahsan-uz Zaman
Md. Ahsan-uz Zaman is the Managing Director & CEO of Midland Bank Limited (MDB). Prior to joining MDB, Ahsan was working for Mutual Trust Bank (MTB) as Additional Managing Director with responsibility for business catering to companies and individuals, International Trade Services, Information Technology and Alternative Delivery Channels. He initially joined MTB as Deputy Managing Director in July 2009 and was instrumental in developing existing and new client relationships, new business initiatives, assist in recruiting key officers, providing strategic direction and managing risk by chairing various Committees of the Bank. Prior to MTB, Ahsan worked for Bank of America in New York, at its Global Wealth and Investment Management Division with responsibility for business across a wide assigned territory. He has diversified banking experience, having worked at home and abroad, serving JPMorgan Chase Bank, Morgan Stanley, BNP Paribas and ANZ Grindlays Bank where he joined as a Management Trainee in Dhaka in 1982. Ahsan completed his MBA from the Institute of Business Administration of University of Dhaka and is an accredited mediator. He attended seminars on Risk Management and Capital Markets conducted by BNP Paribas in New York and received credit training conducted by ANZ Grindlays Bank in London, Melbourne and Mumbai including training courses on deposits, operations management, foreign trade, foreign exchange and presentation skills.
Mr. Mohammad Masoom joined Midland Bank Limited (MDB), as Additional Managing Director. Prior to taking over the new assignment, Mr. Masoom served in Bangladesh Finance and Investment Company Limited (BD Finance), as its Managing Director and CEO. Mr. Masoom, a seasoned Banker has 3 decades of hand on extensive and versatile Banking experience. Specially, he has in-depth expertise on Core Risk areas of Banking operation with specific concentration on Credit Risk Management (CRM) covering areas of Corporate Financing, Syndication and Structured Finance, Facility Restructuring as part of business solution. Mr. Masoom completed his Honors and Masters Degree in Public Administration from the University of Dhaka and subsequently obtained MBA in Finance from Atish Dipankar University of Science and Technology and Post-Graduate Diploma on Development Planning and Personnel Management from Academy for Planning and Development and Bangladesh Management Development Centre respectively. Mr. Masoom had made debut for the banking profession in AB Bank and subsequently served in Southeast Bank Ltd., Trust Bank Ltd. and National Bank Ltd in different responsible positions. He also served in Mercantile Bank Limited as Deputy Managing Director. He participated in a good number of training programs/seminars/symposiums on Banking and Finance both at home and abroad. He was nominated one of the Trainers for outreach training programmes for his result oriented performance in the training course titled as ‘Training for Trainers’ arranged by Bangladesh Bank. He was the member of the sub-committee constituted to formulate the credit policy for Bangladesh Infrastructure Finance Fund Ltd. a Govt. owned Financial Institution. Mr. Masoom contributes articles to the English Dailies/Periodicals on different issues related to the Banking and Finance.