MDB Saalam Digital Hajj Savings
This is an online and Shariah based monthly savings scheme that is made to facilitate the customers to open this account from anywhere and anytime through internet by using computer or mobile app.
- The Hajj Savings Scheme Deposit can be opened through existing MDB online user only
- This is a non-transactional deposit account
- The accounts will be in local currency (BDT)
- E-statement facility
- EMI starting from minimum 250 BDT, 500 BDT & its multiple (But limited up to 25000 BDT)
- No account opening form and no signature are required.
- Any Bangladeshi citizen having registered with MDB online facility can open this account
- A MDB Saalam CASA account is mandatory to avail this facility
- Through MDB online portal of the account holders using their personal computer and mobile apps.
|Minimum Initial Deposit Amount
- BDT 250, BDT 500 or multiple of 500 upto BDT 25,000.
- 3 years / 5 years / 8 years / 10 years
- Profit will be calculated on monthly basis and applied to the account on yearly basis by using Weightage Average Method.
|Joint Applicant Option
- The title of the MDB Saalam Digital Hajj Savings Scheme Account will be same as respective MDB Saalam CASA account name.
|Mode of Shariah
|Account Closing / Maturity
- At maturity, the scheme account will remain on halt (i.e. no further profit shall be accrued) until the customer visits the branch and claims for the amount payable to the customer after deduction of necessary charges.
- If the customer fails to pay 03 (three) consecutive instalments, the account will remain on halt (i.e. no further profit shall be accrued) until the customer visits the branch and claims for the amount payable to the customer as per “Method & Forfeiture of Earning Profit” criteria and after deduction of necessary charges.
|Method & Forfeiture of Earning Profit
- As per premature encashment policy of the bank
|Fees & Charges
- Government excise duty is applicable.
- All taxes / duty / levy and/or any other surcharges presently in force or that may be imposed by the Government of Bangladesh from time to time will be deducted / recovered from the deposit account under this scheme.
- Late fees @ 2% of instalment amount or BDT 200 whichever is higher will be charged per month for failure to deposit the instalment in time.